LIoT: Monitoring coffee maker with IoT
The project has built a small IoT demo to illustrate the various components:
- A physical device that needs to be monitored and relayed further (Moccamaster)
- The technology in which the above state is "sensed" (RuuviTag)
- Gateway device that can listen to a variety of nearby communication protocols (RaspberryPI)
- Various user interfaces with storage solutions for storing and receiving information. (InfluxDB, Grafana, Slack)
RuuviTag is also a small battery-powered IoT device, a bluetooth beacon, which includes a variety of sensors (temperature, atmospheric pressure, humidity). The project has implemented a demonstration of the temperature of coffee maker, where the RuuviTag is connected to the 4th floor coffee machine.
RuuviTag transmits temperature data wirelessly to a nearby gateway that runs a Java based software storing temperatures in a time-based InfluxDB database. For the demo, a user interface was also implemented using the tool called Grafana. The change in coffee temperatures yields a derivative, ie a slope, from which angle it can be deduced that the coffee is just about to be completed, whether the coffee maker is off a moment or something else. Demo illustrares what can be done with small IoT devices and, for example, card computers.
- Agile IoT solutions piloting with 3D printing
- LIoT: Monitoring coffee maker with IoT
- The LIoT project combines IoT and 3D printing
- LIoT project: schoolchildren exploring technology and math
- Digita's LoRaWAN network to the university center
- LIoT track sitting times with IoT
- LIoT project and IBM Watson IoT platform applications
- LIoT project exports IoT know-how to enterprises
- What is IoT and how to make use of it? Presentation for regional entrepreneurs 8.6.
- New IoT platform
- LIoT: Demonstation environment update: Livion IoT solutions
- IoT project example - Building an IoT controlled live streaming notification system
- LIoT takes part in IP Expo Nordic 2016
- NDBS 2016 - LIoT participation
- IoT - a strategy game changer - Arrow IoT SUMMIT 2016